Accounting and Financial Management BA/BSc (Hons) Top-Up course integrates the key areas of accounting and financial management within a business context. You will also develop fresh approaches to solving problems at work, integrating knowledge from a variety of topics. You’ll get the confidence and knowledge you need to step into a career at managerial level in business, accounting, finance or related areas. You’ll get the confidence and knowledge you need to step into a career at managerial level in business, accounting, finance or related areas.
Accounting and Financial Management BA/BSc (Hons) Top-Up programme enables you to build your existing accounting qualifications and/or experience into a valuable and recognised honours degree. It has been designed to provide you with a much deeper understanding of key accounting and finance principles alongside a range of career-ready skills.
Students on the course study intensively, looking at both national and international markets to ensure a firm understanding of the global economy. Taught by academics with a wealth of industry experience, you’ll develop both subject-specific and technical skills. You will examine and critically evaluate the key strategic decisions that a business may have to make and appreciate how accounting and finance can assist in making and evaluating those decisions.
During the course you will gain an understanding of specific analytical skills in key areas within management accounting at local and international level. You’ll also gain a variety of useful transferable skills such as communication, knowledge of global business, entrepreneurship, problem solving and numerical analysis. Regular guest speakers from industry, commerce and accounting firms will give you an invaluable insight into the world of business. Upon successful completion you will be fully prepared to pursue a career in accounting and finance and able to apply key concepts at a professional level.
The Accounting and Financial Management BA/BSc (Hons) Top-Up course provides you with accreditations and exemptions from the following professional bodies:
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
Course Length: 1 years;
Start dates: January / May / September;
The course provides you with the foundations you need to become a practising accountant. It’s also a great stepping stone to a wider range of careers in industry, business and the public sector.
You can further your career in professions such as:
- Forensic Accountant
- Accounting Clerk
- Accounting Director/Manager
- Accounting/Accounts Supervisor
- Accounting Vice President
- Assistant Director Of Finance
- Audit Supervisor
- Budget Analyst/Manager
- Certified Public Accountant
- Chief Accounting/Financial Officer
- Compliance Auditor
- Contracts And Financial Compliance Manager
- Corporate Accountant
- Cost Accountant
- Credit Analyst
- Management Accountant
- Payroll Manager/Analyst
- Director Of Financial Operations
- Corporate Investment Banker
- Insurance Underwriter
- Management Consultant
- Risk Manager
- Actuarial Analyst
- Internal Auditor
- Company Secretary
- Forensic Accountant
- Data Analyst
- Licensed Conveyancer
- Management Consultant
- Purchasing Manager
- Retail Banker
- Financial Consultant/Analyst
- Financial Assurance Manager/Specialist
- Senior Budget/Financial Analyst
- Senior Cash Management Analyst
- Financial Engineer
- The (Top-Up) course is designed for applicants holding a Level 5 qualification such as a Higher National Diploma, or other equivalents or have completed the second year of a relevant and comparable degree;
- Applicants must have a relevant HND or a foundation degree with 240 credits in any Business and/or Management related areas;
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language;
- Qualifications are checked before enrolment by the institution where you’ll apply;
- Students must bring their original diploma when coming for registration;
- Financial Management
- Strategic Management Accounting
- Business Modelling for Decision Makers
- International Financial Reporting
- Managing Projects
- Contemporary Developments in Business and Management
* The units can vary, depending on the optional modules which your institution will choose for the course structure.
Teaching methods include a mix of lectures, seminars and surgeries. You will spend significant amounts of time in independent preparation and assignments. Assessment methods include written exams, case studies, assignments, and reports.
After completing your undergraduate degree, if you decide to enhance your career prospects even further you can apply for a postgraduate Master program. For more information regarding progression please contact Atlantic London.
The Tuition Fee of the course will vary depending on the institution you wish to study in, as well as your status in the UK. The course is available for UK/EU and International Students as well. Please contact us to find out the tuition fee for a specific course you’d like to know about.
Government Funds – Student Finance England
If you are an UK/EU citizen or living in the UK on Indefinite stay, you can receive support from the government via Student Loan Company to cover tuition fees and some living costs while studying, depending on your circumstances. Tuition fee loans, to cover the full cost of your course, are paid directly to the course provider. Maintenance loans can be applied for at the same time, lending you money at the start of each term. You won’t have to pay back the loan until after your course, when you’re earning above a certain level. Students can still apply for grants if they’re eligible for certain benefits, disabled, or need help with childcare costs.