In today’s competitive, global economy knowledge of legal systems and business law gives managers that all important edge whilst an understanding of business functions and practice will benefit any law professional operating in business. Combining these two disciplines brings enhanced career options and a greater freedom of choice with routes to a range of careers in management, law, finance and banking and the public sector. The BA/BSc (Hons) Business and Law degree prepares you for business careers with a legal dimension, developing valuable transferable skills to help set you apart in a competitive job marketplace.
BA/BSc (Hons) Business and Law
In today’s competitive, global economy knowledge of legal systems and business law gives managers that all important edge whilst an understanding of business functions and practice will benefit any law professional operating in business.The course will give you a clear understanding of the interface between business activity and the legal framework within which it operates. A degree combining Law with Business offers a valuable opportunity to understand the legal structure governing all aspects of our lives today whilst gaining key business knowledge and skills that provide a valuable foundation for future careers. It is suitable for individuals aiming for a career in business and management, but who also wish to have a thorough understanding of the legal regulations within which businesses and industry must operate. It may also be suitable for individuals aiming for careers in management within the legal sector, where a thorough background in both law and business is highly valued.
This BA/BSc (Hons) Business and Law degree course addresses broader aspects of the business organisation and management culture, while also providing an insight into; corporate and consumer legislation, corporate regulation and other legal aspects of business enterprise. You will be equipped with a real understanding of how legal considerations impact virtually every aspect of management activity.
Employers look for business graduates with knowledge and awareness of current issues. This course will teach you about globalisation, sustainability and social change – allowing you to fully understand the factors affecting business. When you graduate you will have a sound appreciation of management practise, this will include; human recourses, marketing, business law and information management. You will also learn the skills to analyse strategic consumer behaviour.
Course Length: 3 years / 4 years including Foundation year;
Start dates: January / May / September;
A diverse range of career opportunities exist for Business Law graduates. The employment skills that you will have acquired should allow you to develop a career in business, law, HR, banking, insurance, financial services or public services, journalism, teaching, legal executive and paralegal professions, as well as in graduate and specialist management positions. You may want to progress to train as a barrister or solicitor.
You can further your career in professions such as:
- Case Manager
- Chartered Legal Executive (England and Wales)
- Licensed Conveyancer
- Trading Standards Officer
- Human Resources Officer
- Management Consultant
- Risk Manager
- Business Analyst
- Corporate Social Responsibility Manager
- Corporate Counsel
- Trademark Attorney
- Patent Attorney
- Legal Secretary
- Law Firm Administrator
- Legal Executive
- Legal Services Director
- Legal Records Manager
- Administrative Assistant
- Document Coder
- Court Messenger/Representative
- Corrections Officer
- Trial Consultant
- Contract Administrator/Analist
- Litigation Support Director
- Regulatory Affairs Director
- Minimum Age: 18 years old;
- Applicants are required to submit proof of prior certificated learning (e.g. Secondary School Diploma/Baccalaureate/Level 3 qualification) and/or relevant work experience;
- Applications from mature candidates without formal qualifications are welcomed provided they could demonstrate appropriate levels of relevant ability and experience.
- If you are unable to meet the entry requirements for this course you may still be eligible for our Foundation year course. This is an extra year of study to prepare you for the full degree.
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language.
- Applicants must bring their original certificates when coming for registration;
- Business Environment
- Business Skills
- Economics for Business
- Business Finance
- Introduction to Management
- Business Environment
- Business in Society
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Legal Aspects of Business
- Managing Human Resources
- Law of Contract
- Law of Business Organisations
- Academic and Employability Skills
- Strategic Business Analysis
- Operation Management
- Managing Human Resources
- Commercial Law
- Business Strategy
- Law of International Trade
- Major Project
- Debates in Strategic Management
- International Money and Finance
- Organisational Change
- Global Business Development
- Business Dissertation
* The units can vary, depending on the chosen pathway or optional modules which your institution will choose for the course structure
Students experience a wide range of teaching and assessment methods. Whilst traditional lectures play a part, most modules include student-centred activities such as seminar debates and discussions, and group and / or individual presentations and project work. Assessment methods vary from module to module. Some are assessed by a combination of examination and coursework, some by coursework only.
After completing your undergraduate degree, if you decide to enhance your career prospects even further you can apply for a postgraduate Master program. For more information regarding progression please contact Atlantic London.
The Tuition Fee of the course will vary depending on the institution you wish to study in, as well as your status in the UK. The course is available for UK/EU and International Students as well. Please contact us to find out the tuition fee for a specific course you’d like to know about.
Government Funds – Student Finance England
If you are an UK/EU citizen or living in the UK on Indefinite stay, you can receive support from the government via Student Loan Company to cover tuition fees and some living costs while studying, depending on your circumstances. Tuition fee loans, to cover the full cost of your course, are paid directly to the course provider. Maintenance loans can be applied for at the same time, lending you money at the start of each term. You won’t have to pay back the loan until after your course, when you’re earning above a certain level. Students can still apply for grants if they’re eligible for certain benefits, disabled, or need help with childcare costs.