The fashion industry is diverse, competitive and essential to the growth and the development of the global economy. Because of that, it requires fashion business and management graduates who can adapt to changing demands and opportunities in an innovative and productive manner.
Throughout the course, students will be presented with up-to-date business and technological expertise, transferable skills and excellent job opportunities.
This degree focuses on improving the business acumen and strategic planning capacity while encouraging innovative thinking in a commercial sense.
Fashion buying, merchandising, forecasting, sales strategies, public relations and marketing, branding and foreign business are among the skills students will learn.
At the same time, students will also develop communication skills through report writing, presentations and pitches, entering the fashion world from a creative business perspective.
Course length: 3 years; 4 years (Foundation Year)
Start date: June
- The scope of this fashion course enables graduates to secure a range of positions at different levels of the industry, such as:
- Design co-ordinator
- Pattern cutter
- Fashion technologist/sourcing
- Product development
- Business start-up/ entrepreneur
- Visual merchandiser
- Retail management
- Range planning
- Public relations/promotion
- Press and the media
- Event’s organiser
- Fashion designer
- Retail manager
- Magazine journalist
- Public relations officer
- Marketing communications
- Fashion business management
- Textile development and marketing
- Cosmetics and fragrance marketing
- Accessories and jewellery design and marketing
- Apparel design and production
- Fashion branding and promotion
- Fashion magazines
- Fashion show production
- Fashion forecasting
- Minimum Age: 18 years old
- Applicants are required to submit proof of prior certification (i.e., Secondary School Diploma/Baccalaureate/Level 3 qualification) and/or relevant work experience.
- Applications from mature candidates without formal qualifications are welcomed if they could demonstrate appropriate levels of relevant ability and experience.
- If you are unable to meet the entry requirements for this course you may still be eligible for our Foundation year course. This is an extra year of study to prepare you for the full degree.
- Overseas learners must demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of English language.
- Applicants must bring their original certificates at the moment of registration.
- Introduction to Creative Business and Management
- English for Academic Purposes, Research and Study Skills
- Marketing, Communications and Branding
- Creative Business Project
- Visual Culture
- Fashion Marketing
- Fashion Branding and Promotion
- Fashion Buying and Merchandise
- Fashion Management
- Forecasting and Fashion Futures
- Visual Merchandising and Experiential Retailing
- Professional Practice and Industry Placement
- Strategic Research
- Trend Forecasting and Concept Development
- Strategic Implementation and Career Planning
The course is assessed in terms of practice through assessments including practical implementations, reports, essays, presentations, group work and examinations. Most modules are designed to develop problem solving techniques and interpersonal skills and many provide the opportunity for group work
After completing your undergraduate degree, if you decide to enhance your career prospects even further you can apply for a postgraduate Master program. For more information regarding progression please contact Atlantic London.
The Tuition Fee of the course may vary depending on the institution you have chosen, as well as your status in the UK. The course is available for UK/EU and International Students as well.
Please contact us to find out the tuition fee for a specific course you’d like to know about.
Government Funds – Student Finance England
If you are an UK/EU citizen or living in the UK on Indefinite stay, you can receive support from the government via the Student Loan Company to cover tuition fees and some living costs while studying, depending on your circumstances.
Tuition fee loans, which cover the full cost of your course, are paid directly to the course provider.