Civil engineers are in charge of nearly all of the world’s great buildings. It is their jobs that make our lives easier, from highways and airports to access to safe drinking water and electricity. BSc (Hons) Engineering (civil) degree will help students to get a better understanding of the technological design and management process of civil engineering.
Students will be introduced to key skills in structures, such as fluids, geology, soil mechanics, surveying and materials. They will also gain the expertise and skills that managers need through a combination of workshops, real-world assessments and site tours.
Furthermore, students will also study a broad discipline in civil engineering that qualifies them to professionally work and provide a better life for loads of people as well as protecting the environment. All of this will be achieved through abilities, skills and knowledge to create, design, build and maintain the infrastructure that towns and cities rely on.
Course length: 3 years
Start date: September
- Building control surveyor
- CAD technician
- Consulting civil engineer
- Contracting civil engineer
- Design engineer
- Nuclear engineer
- Site engineer
- Structural engineer
- Water engineer
- Building services engineer
- Construction manager
- Engineering geologist
- Fire risk assessor
- Geotechnical engineer
- Patent attorney
- Quantity surveyor
- Sustainability consultant
- Urban designer
- Minimum Age: 18 years old
- Applicants are required to submit proof of prior certification (i.e., Secondary School Diploma/Baccalaureate/Level 3 qualification) and/or relevant work experience.
- Applications from mature candidates without formal qualifications are welcomed if they could demonstrate appropriate levels of relevant ability and experience.
- If you are unable to meet the entry requirements for this course you may still be eligible for our Foundation year course. This is an extra year of study to prepare you for the full degree.
- Overseas learners must demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of English language.
- Applicants must bring their original certificates at the moment of registration.
- Applied mathematics 1
- Civil engineering construction and materials
- Construction CAD and BIM
- Structures 1
- Transport systems and CPD
- Site surveying 1
- Applied mathematics 2
- Geology and soil mechanics
- Project management and team leadership
- Fluids and drainage engineering
- Structural design 2
- Transport (civil)
- Independent project
- Civil engineering and construction management
- Structural design project
- Geotechnics and utility investigation
- Innovation in sustainable engineering design
The course is assessed in terms of practice through assessments including practical implementations, reports, essays, presentations, group work and examinations. Most modules are designed to develop problem solving techniques and interpersonal skills and many provide the opportunity for group work
After completing your undergraduate degree, if you decide to enhance your career prospects even further you can apply for a postgraduate Master program. For more information regarding progression please contact Atlantic London.
The Tuition Fee of the course may vary depending on the institution you have chosen, as well as your status in the UK. The course is available for UK/EU and International Students as well.
Please contact us to find out the tuition fee for a specific course you’d like to know about.
Government Funds – Student Finance England
If you are an UK/EU citizen or living in the UK on Indefinite stay, you can receive support from the government via Student Loan Company to cover tuition fees and some living costs while studying, depending on your circumstances.
Tuition fee loans, which cover the full cost of your course, are paid directly to the course provider.