Computing and Information Technology Master Degree | Computer sciences and IT degrees focus on developing the theoretical foundation for information and computer systems as well as the application of those foundations. From day one, you will be immersed in an exciting, innovative environment where you will develop broad knowledge and skills in the main areas of computing and information technology which will be directly relatable to your future career. It covers a wide range of topics including programming, databases, security, project management and computer networking, giving you both the underpinning theory and the ability to apply it to complex real-world problems, as well as an awareness of emerging technologies and developments.
A master’s in computing and information technology degree is a vital tool in today’s competitive business environment. Organizations in every industry seek IT professionals who can think beyond traditional computer programming and basic technology expertise. Learn how to bridge the gaps between communications, IT and business management and increase your marketable skills with the Master in IT degree program. The course offers you an excellent opportunity to learn the most up-to-date computing knowledge required by employers whilst also preparing you for a vast range of management roles.
The Computing and Information Technology Master Degree develops students’ critical understanding of the issues associated with using computing systems and their impact on business processes and project management. It also gives students without prior programming experience the opportunity to gain programming skills in a modern software development environment.
Computing and Information Technology Master Degree
You will become skilled in programming and learn how to design and implement information systems. Upon graduating from this course, you will have an in-depth knowledge and critical understanding of the main areas of Computing and Information Technology , including the key areas of systems analysis, systems development, operating systems, networking, databases and the internet.
Course Length: 1 years;
Start dates: January, May, September;
Careers in information technology deal with the design, creation, management and maintenance of the varied components of the system, including software, hardware, networks, systems integration and multimedia. Computer science students can pursue a broad area of specialisations, in the fields of artificial intelligence, computer networks, IT security, information databases, web technologies, graphics and multimedia, and more.
Example of job opportunities for an MSc Computing and Information Technology graduate:
- Computer Systems Engineer
- Digital Media Specialist
- Computer And Information Research Scientist
- Computer And Information Systems Manager
- Computer Hardware Engineer
- Computer Programmer
- Computer Support Specialist
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Database Administrator
- Information Security Analyst
- Web Developer
- Chief Technology Officer
- Computer Network Architect
- Network Engineer
- Operations Analyst
- Business Systems Analyst
- Infrastructure Architect
- Network And Computer Systems Administrator
- Mobile Application Developer
- Network Analyst
- IT Coordinator/Consultant
- IT Network Manager
- IT Project Manager
- IT Specialist/ Executive
- IT Risk Manager
- Software Tester
- Technical Consultant
- Software Engineer
- System Administrator
- System Analyst
- Software Developer
- Information Assurance Engineer
- Security Testing Engineer
- Information Technology Vendor Manager
- Applicants are required to submit proof of Bachelor Degree Diploma;
- For candidates with over 5 years’ experience at a managerial level but without an undergraduate degree the programme leader will review applicants based upon their suitability for the course;
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language;
- Applicants must bring their original certificates when coming for registration;
- Database Modelling
- Programme Design & Implementation
- Systems Analysis & Design with UML
- Website Development and Deployment
- Computer Networks & Operating Systems
- Research Methods and Project Management
- MSc Computer Science & Digital Technologies Project
* The units can vary, depending on the optional modules which your institution will choose for the course structure.
On this course, you will have the opportunity to independently research topics to deepen your learning and understanding, while learning the skills to communicate your research and investigations. Assessment methods will include reports, presentations, individual, group and project work, alongside regular feedback on your summative assessment.
The Tuition Fee of the course will vary depending on the institution you wish to study in, as well as your status in the UK. The course is available for UK/EU and International Students as well. Please contact us to find out the tuition fee for a specific course you’d like to know about.
Government Funds – Student Finance England
If you are an UK/EU citizen or living in the UK on Indefinite stay, who wants to apply for a postgraduate course you can receive support from the government via Student Loan Company. If you’re starting a master’s degree, you could get a Postgraduate Master’s Loan of up to £10,609 to help with course fees and living costs. You won’t have to pay back the loan until after your course, when you’re earning above a certain level.