Health and Social care sector is becoming more and more important as a significant part of our population requires assistance, personal care, social care or protection services. Taking all of this into consideration, professional carers offer vital services to the UK health sector, therefore, their contribution is very significant.
The BA (Hons) Integrated Health and Social Care course is ideal for students seeking to work as health professionals. This course is specifically designed to allow students to become “practice professionals” and enter an important, demanding and rewarding sector.
This one-year course is also optimal for young professionals working within the health sector (public or private) who want to step further and progress with their career.
The objectives of the course are as follows:
- Expand students’ confidence and creativity as well as their competence to professionally approach patients.
- Help students progress into capable health practitioners with an ethical and socially responsible approach to patients.
- Expand students’ theoretical knowledge, competence and ability relevant for a range of practice environments.
- Develop students’ knowledge and practice in order to be able to apply their skills in their future career and personal development.
Course Length: 1 year
Start dates: September
- Resident/care coordinator
- Drug and alcohol worker
- Quality assistant/coordinator
- Family support worker
- Health educator
- Health promotion worker
- Healthcare assistant
- Healthcare support worker
- Assistant practice manager
- Assistant care home manager
- Care worker team leader
- Residential support worker
- Care practitioner
- Victim care officer
- Health care volunteer coordinator
- The (Top-Up) course is designed for applicants with a Level 5 qualification, such as a Higher National Diploma, or other equivalents, or have completed the second year of a relevant degree.
- Applicants must have a relevant HND or a foundation degree with 240 credits in any Business and/or Management related areas.
- Overseas learners must demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of English language
- Applicants must attend an interview with a member of the admission team
- Applicants must bring the original certificates at the moment of registration
- Leadership and management
- Contemporary issues and interprofessional practice
- Introduction to safeguarding
- Applied practitioner research
Teaching methods include a mix of lectures, seminars, group-work and e-learning. Assessment methods include written exams, case studies, assignments, projects and reports.
Compared to studying HND, you will spend most of your time independently for assessment preparation and learning.
After completing your undergraduate degree, if you decide to enhance your career prospects even further, you can apply for a postgraduate Master program.
For more information regarding progression, please contact Atlantic London.
The Tuition Fee of the course may vary depending on the institution you have chosen, as well as your status in the UK. The course is available for UK/EU and International Students as well.
Please contact us to find out the tuition fee for a specific course you’d like to know about.
Government Funds – Student Finance England
If you are an UK/EU citizen or living in the UK on Indefinite stay, you can receive support from the government via Student Loan Company to cover tuition fees and some living costs while studying, depending on your circumstances.
Tuition fee loans, which cover the full cost of your course, are paid directly to the course provider.
You can apply for a Maintenance loan at the same time, which will help you cover some of your expenses. This loan will be paid directly into your bank account at the start of each term.
You won’t have to pay back the loan until one after your graduation, when you’ll earn over a threshold set by Student Loan.
Students can also apply for other grants subject to availability and eligibility, such as grants for disability, or for childcare costs.