This Business Management BA/BSc (Hons) Top-Up degree expects you to demonstrate relevant knowledge and understanding of organisations, the external context in which they operate and how they are managed. This course is designed for applicants wishing to pursue a career in business and management and covers all of the key aspects of business including marketing, human resource management, strategic management and financial management.
The Business Management BA/BSc (Hons) Top-Up course is designed to develop your existing knowledge of business and management. You will explore and apply management theories and techniques to business problems, developing policies and strategies to deal with these issues. You will have the opportunity to evaluate strategic and operational issues facing international and multinational companies. The course focuses on developing your flexibility and ability to manage in dynamic environments, preparing you for a management career within the world of business. The course equips graduates for an entry-level position in a wide range of areas within the business world.
Business Management BA/BSc (Hons) Top-Up
The (Top-Up) degree is a challenging learning experience and provides a deep understanding of organisations and the skills to reflect on your knowledge, learning and practice. The course will require you to demonstrate an ability to integrate theory and application and be efficient and effective in any organisational, cultural, and social context. You will learn how to analyse an industry and understand how it is structured, the basis of its competition, how its supply chain works and how a company can develop a competitive strategy to succeed.
You will also develop skills in writing business reports, delivering clear and concise ideas through presentations, and thinking critically and creatively.
The programme covers key aspects of business and management practice and theory and emphasises the development of individual and group skills. Students can follow a range of pathways to meet their individual interests and career aspirations including marketing, finance, human resources and general business.
Course Length: 1 years;
Start dates: January / May / September;
In practice there are a wide range of career opportunities for BA/BSc (Hons) Business Management graduates, including both public and private sector employment opportunities in specific vocational areas such as marketing, IT, HRM planning, and accountancy and managerial trainee posts.
You can further your career in professions such as:
- Project Manager
- Commercial Manager
- Sales And Marketing Manager
- Customer Relationship Manager
- Finance Manager
- Entry-Level Manager
- Human Resources Specialist
- Assistant Product Manager
- Business Analyst
- Business/Functional Manager
- Logistics And Distribution Manager
- Marketing/Sales Executive
- Marketing Analyst
- Retail/Risk Manager
- Risk Manager
- Reporting Analyst
- Financial Manager
- Training And Development Manager
- Sales Manager/Analyst
- Administrative Services Manager
- General Manager
- Operations Manager/Analyst
- Systems Analyst Actuarial Analyst
- Corporate Investment Banker
- Data Analyst
- Forensic Accountant
- Insurance Underwriter
- Management Consultant
- Operational Researcher
- Product Manager
- Project Coordinator/Analyst
- Social Media Manager
- Sustainability Consultant
- Test Analyst
- The (Top-Up) course is designed for applicants holding a Level 5 qualification such as a Higher National Diploma, or other equivalents or have completed the second year of a relevant and comparable degree;
- Applicants must have a relevant HND or a foundation degree with 240 credits in any Business and/or Management related areas;
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language;
- Qualifications are checked before enrolment by the institution where you’ll apply;
- Students must bring their original diploma when coming for registration;
- Typical modules include:
- Advanced Accounting and Finance
- Business dissertation
- Cross Cultural Management
- Global Business Development
- Information Systems
- Marketing Management
- Social Responsibility of Business
- Strategic Human Resources
- Strategic Management
* The units can vary, depending on the optional modules which your institution will choose for the course structure.
The course uses a range of assessment types and methods, as appropriate, to ensure the validity and fairness of assessment. Formative assessment is used to provide feedback to you and support your progress while diagnostic assessment is used to assess students current knowledge or skills. Summative assessment for most units includes a combination of coursework, presentations, tests, or examination.
After completing your undergraduate degree, if you decide to enhance your career prospects even further you can apply for a postgraduate Master program. For more information regarding progression please contact Atlantic London.
The Tuition Fee of the course will vary depending on the institution you wish to study in, as well as your status in the UK. The course is available for UK/EU and International Students as well. Please contact us to find out the tuition fee for a specific course you’d like to know about.
Government Funds -Student Finance England
If you are an UK/EU citizen or living in the UK on Indefinite stay, you can receive support from the government via Student Loan Company to cover tuition fees and some living costs while studying, depending on your circumstances. Tuition fee loans, to cover the full cost of your course, are paid directly to the course provider. Maintenance loans can be applied for at the same time, lending you money at the start of each term. You won’t have to pay back the loan until after your course, when you’re earning above a certain level. Students can still apply for grants if they’re eligible for certain benefits, disabled, or need help with childcare costs.